Skip to content
Home » Study in Canada or England

Study in Canada or England

Choosing the correct country for educational migration is always tricky, especially between two prevalent countries, Canada and England. Both have excellent facilities for studying and living and are the priority of many international students. This article will help you choose the best option by providing information about studying in England or Canada.

Universities in Canada and England

Recently, the QS and Times ranking websites have announced the top universities in Canada and England and their rank, which we will refer to below. It should be noted that the first number in parentheses is related to the ranking of the QS website in 2022, and the second number is to the order of the Times website in 2021.


University of Toronto (26 and 18), McGill University (27 and 40), University of British Columbia (46 and 34), University of Montreal (111 and 73), University of Alberta (126 and 131), McMaster University (140 and 69), University of Ottawa (230 and 145), University of Calgary (235 and 200), University of Waterloo (149 and 201 to 250) and Western University (170 and 201 to 250).


Oxford University (2 and 1), Cambridge University (3 and 2), London College (8 and 4), Imperial College London (7 and 3), Edinburgh University (16 and 6), Manchester University (27 and 8), King’s London College (35 and 7), London School of Economics and Political Science (49 and 5), University of Bristol (62 and 10) and University of Warwick (61 and 9).

Fields of study in Canada and England

Another factor influencing the decision to choose Canada or England is the top academic fields that these two countries offer. The top courses and fields of study offered in Canadian universities are business, computer science, information technology, engineering, basic science, physical and earth science, forestry, and agriculture. The top courses and fields of study offered in UK universities are business, natural sciences, engineering, medicine, and social sciences.

Study conditions in Canada or England

After getting acquainted with the prestigious universities of Canada and England and their top courses, it is not harmful to get acquainted with the conditions of admission and study in Canada or England.


Some of the general conditions required for admission to Canadian universities are as follows: transcripts from previous courses, GMAT or GRE language score for MBA and some master’s degrees, motivation letter and recommendation letter, having the minimum score required for the university in question (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) English language courses and TCF, TEF, DELF, and DALF for French courses), a letter of financial ability, and a new and updated resume.


Among the general conditions required for admission to English universities, we can mention the following: having the minimum grade needed for the university in question, GRE or GMAT language score or participation in the Wordi test (for some fields), an academic degree equivalent to an English degree and an English language degree with a grade At least 6.5 for the IELTS test.

Work permit while studying in Canada or England

Students studying in Canadian or English universities can work twenty hours a week while looking and, to some extent, cover their living expenses.

Spread the love

2 thoughts on “Study in Canada or England”

  1. Admiring the time and energy you put into your blog and detailed information you present. It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old rehashed information. Great read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

  2. Thanks , I’ve just been searching for info about this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered till now. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure about the source?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *